Capitol Building

The Provincial Capitol in Dumaguete City was built in 1924 during the American colonization of the Philippines.  The Provincial Capitol houses the Governor's Office and other provincial government offices.  Its architecture was patterned after the Capitol in the United States of America.  The main body is Grecian, while the columns are Ionic.

During this period of American occupation the colonizers hired the services of city planner and architect Daniel Hudson Burnham to design the new provincial capitol.  Before it was located in what is now the Serafin Teves residence at the Rizal Boulevard.

Read more...